Directory Disclaimer and Instructions for NHC Advantage
Provider and Pharmacy Directory
This directory is current as of October 1, 2021.
This directory provides a list of NHC Advantage’s current network providers.
This directory is for NHC Advantage for residents of Missouri, Tennessee and South Carolina.
Statement of Nondiscrimination and Alternate Formats
NHC Advantage complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-844-854-6886 (TTY 711).
This directory provides a list of NHC Advantage’s network providers. To get detailed information about your health care coverage, please see your Evidence of Coverage (EOC).
You will have to choose one of our network providers in this directory to be your Primary Care Provider (PCP). Generally, you must get your health care coverage from your PCP. Your PCP works in collaboration with your NHC Advantage Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to assure you receive seamless, patient-centered care.
The network providers listed in this directory have agreed to provide you with health care services. You may go to any of our network providers listed in this directory; however, some services may require a referral. To obtain a referral, please contact your PCP or Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant.
For a complete listing of services that require prior authorization, or a referral, please refer to the Member Resources section of the NHC Advantage website or call our Member Services Department at 1-844-854-6886 (TTY 711).
About the NHC Advantage Provider Network
Our network providers are the doctors, health care professionals, medical groups, hospitals, and other health care facilities that have an agreement with NHC Advantage to accept our payment and your cost-sharing amount as payment in full.
We have arranged for these providers to deliver covered services to members in our plan. The providers in our network bill us directly for the care they provide to you. When you see a network provider, you pay only your share of the cost for their services. You should use network providers for all your services..
Only in limited cases, may you receive covered services from out-of-network providers. These cases include:
- A medical emergency – go to the closest available provider
- Urgently needed services – go to any qualified provider when out of the Plan’s service area, or when network providers are unavailable
- Renal dialysis that you receive when you are outside the Plan’s service area
- Services that have been approved in advance by NHC Advantage, and
- Any services which were covered through the appeals process
You should always see a network provider unless one of the limited cases mentioned above applies. If you choose to receive services from an out-of-network provider, they must request prior approval from NHC Advantage unless it is an emergency to an acute care hospital.
If you receive a bill from an out-of-network provider, you should not pay the bill, unless you have received an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) that details what the plan will pay for your service, and any remaining balance you will need to pay. If you receive a bill from an out of network provider, but have not yet received an EOB, please submit the bill to NHC Advantage or ask the provider to submit the bill to NHC Advantage for you. The out-of-network provider may also bill you for any remaining balance not paid by NHC Advantage.
If you have already paid for the covered services, NHC Advantage will reimburse you for our share of the cost (if prior approval was obtained). If you have any questions, visit our “how to file an appeal” section of our website located at https://nhcadvantageplan.com/for-members/exceptions-and-appeals/file-an-appeal/ or call our Member Services Department at 1-844-854-6886 (TTY 711).
Payment for services is contingent upon:
- The services you received are included in NHC Advantage benefits as outlined in the Evidence of Coverage (EOC) that can be found on the plan website.
- The provider, or medical facility, you received services from is eligible for payment from NHC Advantage.
- The service(s) meet requirements for medical necessity.
- An authorization or referral was obtained.
Note: Temporary out-of-network dialysis services when you are out of the service area, medical emergencies, and urgently needed medical services do not require notification or preauthorization for payment.
You must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations. If you obtain routine care from out-of-network providers, neither Medicare nor NHC Advantage will be responsible for the costs.
What is the service area for NHC Advantage Health Plan (HMO I-SNP)?
The counties in our service area are listed below for NHC Advantage:
- These counties in Missouri: Camden, Greene, Jackson, Jasper, Newton, St. Charles, and St. Louis
- These counties in South Carolina: Aiken, Anderson, Beaufort, Charleston, Greenville, Greenwood, Horry, Laurens, Lexington, Richland, and Sumter
- These counties in Tennessee: Anderson, Coffee, Davidson, DeKalb, Dickson, Fayette, Gibson, Giles, Hamilton, Knox, Lawrence, Marshall, Maury, McMinn, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Sequatchie, Sullivan, Sumner, Warren, Washington, White, Williamson, and Wilson
How do you find NHC Advantage providers that serve your area?
Step 1: Select your state to view in-network providers
Step 2: Select the type of provider you are looking for
Step 3: Search by a specialty, name of provider, name of facility, or by the office location (city, state or zip code).
You may get directions or view the location on a map by clicking the image of the map on the right side of the provider’s information on the details page.
If you have questions about NHC Advantage, or require assistance in selecting a PCP, please call our Member Service Department at 1-844-854-6886 (TTY 711), or visit our website NHCAdvantagePlan.com.